Thanks for the response, Aditya.

However, the first method

    \setupitemize[before=\vfill,after=\vfill]

does not change anything for me. The items are still at the top.

The second one (\setupitemize[1][inbetween=\vfill]) changes things.
However, the first item is at the top of the screen and the second is
at the bottom. I would like them to be near the center. Something like
what 'middle' does for horizontal alignment with two words, I want to
do for vertical alignment.

Thanks.