Well, here it does hang. I also have MacOSX 10.6.6 but then I have the minimals
 ver: 2011.02.05 11:37 MKIV  fmt: 2011.2.5.
The later version: ConTeXt  ver: 2011.02.25 22:03 MKIV  fmt: 2011.3.11 does
work as advertised though.

Pity I have to use the older version until another incompatibility is solved:
resolvers       > modules > loaded: 'bib'
(/Users/hans/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/m-obsolete.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
I hope to hear soon about that one.

Hans van der Meer