On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 17:40, Florian Wobbe wrote:

> Do you have multiple versions of the TeXGyre Pagella installed? Maybe one of
> them is corrupt.

I don't have it installed. It is in my TeX tree. But if mine is
corrupt, everyone's font is corrupt (or my disk is corrupt).

> You might want to try outline the fonts and strip them from the document:
>
> gs -sDEVICE=pswrite -dNOCACHE -sOutputFile=nofont-Myfile.ps -q -dbatch
> -dNOPAUSE Myfile.pdf -c quit
>
> Optionally convert back to pdf with ps2pdf and try print that file. If
> ghostscript complains right away the problem is not your printer.

Ghostscript doesn't complain and the resulting file prints out fine.
(The original one still doesn't.)

>> I'm using one network PostScript printer and one network printer that
>> is most probably using PCL drivers and both generate junk. I'm using
>> "palatino" typescript.
>
> Can you print to CUPS-PDF? Or do you get rubbish as well?

I need to install that first.

>> (Can I send a document to
>> PostScript printer on specific IP from a Mac without having to use
>> Apple's libraries for handling PDF?)
>
> Why not? PostScript printers should handle nofont-Myfile.ps (see above).

My question is more like "how can I do that". I remember using
something like "copy \path\to\printer" on windows long time ago, but
I'm not sure how to do the same on Mac.

Btw: printer specifications says "direct PDF (v 1.4) printing", so I
guess that I should be able to send the PDF straight to printer ... if
I only knew how to do that.

Mojca