Am 01.04.2011 um 19:28 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:

> My aim was to find one solution that fits in both cases (once running only a
> component, then running the entire product).

You can set the font before \starttext where the typeface and the size
are set with two separate \setupbodyfont commands:

\definetypeface [times] [rm] [serif] [times]     [default]
\definetypeface [times] [ss] [sans]  [helvetica] [default] [rscale=2]

\setupbodyfont[times]
\setupbodyfont[10.1pt]

\starttext
text {\ss text}
\stoptext

or you use Thomas solution which works even when you set the font
after \starttext (which is the case with products/components):

\definetypeface [times] [rm] [serif] [times]     [default]
\definetypeface [times] [ss] [sans]  [helvetica] [default] [rscale=2]

\setupbodyfont[times]
\setupbodyfont[10.1pt]

\starttext
text {\ss text}
\stoptext

> That's why I assumed the project file could serve for both.

No because the project is loaded too late.

Wolfgang