Am 07.05.2011 um 16:37 schrieb Otared Kavian:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Many thanks for your explanations.
> If I may ask a further question, I would like to know at which level one can
> control whether the first argument of the quotation in the example
>       \MyQuotation{Wolfgang Schuster}{The annotation module is wonderful!}
> is surrounded or not by parentheses?

The header (First Argument of the command) consists of

TEXT         (“text”-key)
NUMBER       (incremented by context but you can enable/disable it with
“number=yes|no”)
LEFT SYMBOL  (“left”-key, default: “(”)
RIGHT SYMBOL (“right”-key, default “)”)
TITLE        (“title”-key or optional argument of the command/environment)

> I am asking this because I defined for my own use a macro which replaces the
> \proclaim command of Plain TeX (which disappeared in ConTeXt): I am thinking
> of switching to use the annotation module, since maybe with that it should be
> possible to have a list of all anotations of a certain type (for instance
> list of all theorems, all lemmas, etc) with the page at which they appear.
> Also with the annotations environment it seems that one can have more fancy
> layouts for proclaims.

The annotation module doesn’t have so many options as enumerations and it is no
replacement for them. What the module does is that it generates a environment
(like \definestartstop) where you have access to the content, with your own
command you can format the content in any way you like.

The advantage of this method is that you can separate content and layout of
certain texts which isn’t possible with build in methods, e.g. a \inmargin text
will always appear in the margin and when you want the text now as quote you
have to change the command from \inmargin to \quotation but with the annotation
module the command in your document won’t change because the switch from
\inmargin to \quotation happens in the preamble with the setup of the
environment.

\usemodule[annotation]

\define[2]\AnnotationCommand{\quotation{#2}}

\setupannotation[alternative=inmargin]
%\setupannotation[alternative=command,command=\AnnotationCommand]

\starttext

… \startannotation Hello\stopannotation …

… \startannotation Hello\stopannotation …

\stoptext

Wolfgang