On May 23, 2011, at 10:45 PM, Stefan Müller wrote:

> +1 for Zotero
>
> I tried Mendeley some time ago. It's standalone but sill quite similar to
> Zotero. "Browser-integration" works via a special bookmark. It also has an
> embedded pdf-viewer, which is very neat. Reason for changing to Zotereo were
> some strange bibtex-export issues, where the bibtex file got messed up and
> had to be readjusted manually.

I find Zotero useless for my work with ConTeXt. You cannot have
cross-references within your bibliographic items, and it is impossible to have
proper markup in bibliographical items. For me, both are absolute killer
arguments; I cannot work with zotero. And the bibtex export sucks; important
features such as bibtex strings are not supported. So I would actually
recommend jabref if you need a cross-platform tool or bibdesk if you're using
OS X exclusively. Regarding a system when you write your context files: I use
Emacs, and I haven't seen anything more powerful or more convenient than reftex
(which also works with context, after a few tweaks in your configuration file).

Thomas