On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to have a rough estimate about the number of MacTeX users
> that also use ConTeXt minimals (I use MacTeX for compiling LaTeX
> documents and often also use it for a month or two ... until it starts
> diverging too much with Minimals).
> [...]
> One problem that I'm not sure about is how to treat multiple
> installation on the same machine. The other one is the need for quick
> switches between distributions without GUI (I have a script texdist in
> /usr/local/bin, but I'm not sure if that one is up to date.)

I use MacTeX (but really only TeX Live as I seldom use the GUI tools in MacTeX)
for LaTeX and ConTeXt when it works; when ConTeXt in MacTeX breaks I
switch to Minimals.

I use a command-line tool, environment modules (experimental tcl
version from <http://modules.sourceforge.net/>), to switch between TeX
distros.  This adjusts the
environment in the current shell.

--