On Mon, Jun 27 2011, Kip Warner wrote:

> Is there any way to remove the trailing space that appears to be
> automatically inserted when \cldcontext output is captured? For
> instance,
>
> Bazaar revision \cldcontext{os.resultof"bzr revno"}.
>
> Will show "Bazaar revision 43 ."
>
> I've manually checked the output of the command to run and it doesn't
> appear to add that space character itself, so I am wondering if
> os.resultof is appending the extraneous space?

It adds a newline, that's like a space. See this example:

\starttext
Bazaar revision \cldcontext{os.resultof"echo 123"}.

Bazaar revision \cldcontext{os.resultof"echo -n 123"}.

Bazaar revision \cldcontext{os.resultof"dummy=`bzr revno`; echo -n $dummy"}.

Bazaar revision \cldcontext{os.resultof"bzr revno | tr -d '\\n'"}.

           Peter