On 4 jul. 2011, at 23:24, Raymond LeClair <raymond.lecl...@synterein.com> wrote:

> I run context in a task queue with four worker processes. It is possible that
> context is invoked simultaneously to process distinct input files by tasks
> running in separate worker processes. I see periodic fatal errors, as follows:
>
> mtx-context     | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: execution
> interrupted

That is a 'hard' luatex crash. Because context calls luatex in a subprocess, it
can be problematic to find the actual cause, unfortunately.

> However, the same input files can be processed by context directly without
> errors. Is it possible that context running in simultaneous but separate
> processes conflict?

Quite possibly  (but that is very hard to verify and would be even harder to
debug). Best practise is to give each process its own temporary directory, just
in case.

Best wishes,
Taco