On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 10:05:14PM +0200, Martin Schröder wrote:
> 2010/10/3 Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutena...@normalesup.org>:
> >  I hereby announce the next ConTeXt meeting, that will take place on
> > the island of Porquerolles off the coast of the French Riviera,
> > from Monday, September 19th, 2011, to Saturday, September 24th.  The
> > conference venue has been pre-booked for these dates, so this is firm.
> > Of course, there is yet nothing like a set program at this moment, so
> > we're expecting your proposals (there will be a formal call for papers
> > later).
> >
> >  Watch this page:
> >
> >        http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2011/
>
> Only 76 days left.
>
> When will we have updates on the web page for
> - travel information
> - schedule
> - payment information
> - program
>
> Best
>    Martin

Yes, we all need to arrange travel,
and those of us who are not self employed have travel requests to submit.

As to travel,
http://www.porquerolles-france.com/ferries.php

La Tour Fondue, 83400 Hyères, France
(near the Toulon-Hyères airport)

Departure Giens-La TOUR FONDUE  Return from PORQUEROLLES
7:30 (1)        12:00           7:00 (1)        14:00
9:00            12:30           8:30            15:00
9:30            13:30           9:30            16:30
10:00           14:30           10:30           17:30
10:30           15:30           11:30           18:30
11:00           17:00
11:30           18:00

note :
(1). Does not run on Sundays and holidays

ATTENTION :
- The ships are wheelchair accessible
- Bicycles can be brought on board for a fee.
adult bicycle : 13.00 €
child's bicycle : 10.00 €

Fees 2011                       ADULTS          CHILDREN        GROUPS
(To / From)                                     4 to 10 years
TOUR FONDUE PORQUEROLLES        17,30 €         15,30 €         15,00 €

(I do not understand if the fare is round-trip or each way, it is ambiguous...)

There is also a Taxi boat, that could be interesting if we travel as a group.
-Arthur?

There are fast trains from Paris to Hyeres 4:20 travel time
(some requiring a change at Toulon, 4:56 in this case)
Can be as cheap as 45 € if we buy our tickets soon.
 7:46 Paris Gare de Lyon - 12:42 Hyeres
10:15 Paris Gare de Lyon - 14:35 Hyeres
11:46 Paris Gare de Lyon - 17:43 Hyeres

11km from the train station to the ferry. Is there a bus?
And from the airport?

Alan