On 07.07.2011 11:25, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
Am 06.07.2011 um 12:47 schrieb Hans Hagen:
you can write a script that does it for you ... maybe at some point I will
provide some extra hooks in the bib module but it has no priority on my agenda

an even more challenging option, that might need some extra hooks, is the
"ibid" option:

an article is cited in a footnote.
the macro looks if this article is already cited before.
if so it looks if this is exactly the same article as cited directly before.
and it makes sure that it is not the first cite on the current page (resp.
spread).

if all these are true, the \cite command gives an "Ibid." instead of the full
cite.

as this is provided for latex users by Philipp Lehman with his biblatex
package, it is considered to be kind of standard by some publisher today.

Steffen

Hi Steffen,

I think Andreas Schneider posted a working solution for this some time ago. http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20100121.112244.d88e2646.en.html

But it is possible that this does not work anymore with the current beta (untested).

Best regards,
Stefan.