On 12-8-2011 12:45, Ian Lawrence wrote:
That was very kind of you, and I'd like to buy you a beer, even though your
example seemed to be much more complex than mine.

I assume your example ought to run 'out of the box' by just issuing the commend
'context relabs'.

So I did, and what I got for my trouble was the following pdf (OK, so there was
more white space, but this was all the content).

There's not much to guide me in the log file ( the only not found was : files>
readfile>  asked name: 'loc', not found), but context (ConTeXt  ver: 2011.08.04
00:42 MKIV  fmt: 2011.8.12  int: english/english) seems not to have found the
component text, or the graphic….

So far I have lost days to this…and I'm afraid I'm none the wiser now.

But I do appreciate the effort. Thanks.

maybe running with

\enabletrackers[graphics.locating]

at the top of the file gives some info