On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 06:38:42 -0600, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <isha...@colostate.edu> wrote:

The functionality I can extract from Npp gives a pedagogical advantage
that's important for what I'm trying to achieve. For example, dbl-click a
word and get a context-menu that allows you to tag that word without
typing braces. I can even assign a shortcut so that I can tag a word and,
eg, emphasize it without typing. Or type a ConTeXt command and get a list
of options so you don't have to look at the manual.

Take a look at this:

http://tinypic.com/r/andfsn/7

In addition to the ConTeXt functionality note the new Arabic add-on to lm-mono, so for the first time we'll have an actually useful Arabic mono font where one can edit vowels etc. Unfortunately the opentype engine in, e.g., TeXWorks cannot handle the GSUB table properly.

Best wishes
Idris
International Journal of Shīʿī Studies
Department of Philosophy