On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 18:17, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 05:29:43PM +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to have "my" typesetting system to be capable of what users
>> demands and not what I think is good for them.

If you have a typesetting system, you can still extract all the PNG
images out of the font and replace some unicode letters with
corresponding \externalfigure[...]. You would probably violate the
licence, but you would get the desired result :)

> If one need multicolored fonts there is Type3 (if it is supported) or
> just a virtual font with PDF specials.  AFAIK, emoji is used in Japan in
> SMS and other chat-like stuff, not something luatex is used for (unless
> someone is writing a chat client in luatex).

The font has some nice images that could be used for whatever other
reason, not just SMS.

If you need to quickly find a picture of women with bunny ears for
party invitation for example ...

But joke aside. Even if you need a nice symbol set for horoscope in
the magazine, the font (the symbols, actually) might be handy.

Mojca