I want to obtain the total number of sections at a particular depth, and thought that I could get that using \laststructurecounter{....}. But, I cannot find the name of the counter associated with sections.

Is there a macro or a lua function that returns the name of a counter for the current section (that can then be used by \laststructurecounter)?

Is there any other way to find the number of sections at the current depth. For example, this document

~~~
\section {one}

\subsection{1} \subsection{2} \subsection{3}
~~~

has one section at depth 1 and three sectons at depth 2.

Aditya