Am 05.11.2011 um 18:54 schrieb Jan Heinen:

> Linespacing is still not working in every case - I try a little bit more,
> maybe I find my error ... otherwise I start another thead.

TeX (the program) has a few rules when to change the linespacing. Below is
example where you can see in which case TeX use the local or global setting.
Because TeX will always use the last value which is active at the *end*
it’s important to add \par or a blank at the end of the group. The paragraph in
the first group end after \stop and this is why the global setting is used but
in the second and third group I ended the paragraph in the group and now you
get the local setting.

\starttext

\setupinterlinespace[line=14pt]

The Earth, as a habitat for animal life, is in old age and has a fatal illness.
Several, in fact. It would be happening whether humans had ever evolved or not.
But our presence is like the effect of an old-age patient who smokes many packs
of cigarettes per day — and we humans are the cigarettes.

\blank

\start \setupinterlinespace[line=30pt]
The Earth, as a habitat for animal life, is in old age and has a fatal illness.
Several, in fact. It would be happening whether humans had ever evolved or not.
But our presence is like the effect of an old-age patient who smokes many packs
of cigarettes per day — and we humans are the cigarettes.
\stop

\blank

\start \setupinterlinespace[line=30pt]
The Earth, as a habitat for animal life, is in old age and has a fatal illness.
Several, in fact. It would be happening whether humans had ever evolved or not.
But our presence is like the effect of an old-age patient who smokes many packs
of cigarettes per day — and we humans are the cigarettes.\par
\stop

\blank

\start \setupinterlinespace[line=30pt]

The Earth, as a habitat for animal life, is in old age and has a fatal illness.
Several, in fact. It would be happening whether humans had ever evolved or not.
But our presence is like the effect of an old-age patient who smokes many packs
of cigarettes per day — and we humans are the cigarettes.

\stop

\stoptext

Wolfgang