Hi Floris,

The most intriguing message is the first in the lines hereunder. This
indicates, that there is no database on which context MKIV depends.

The key to solve this is in  running 'context --generate' (database), followed
by 'context --make' (formats) from a terminal. - But there might be yet another
hurdle, I do not know whether the TeXlive installer exports the required
variables. So first in  the terminal you might try echo $TEXROOT, which should
return a path.

Kind regards
Willi