On 1-2-2012 15:15, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
Am Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:54:04 +0100 schrieb luigi scarso:

It's not related to MKIV but to luatex.

I think it is related to MKIV (or more precisely to the fontloader).

It is a bit difficult to demonstrate it with context (how to you use
luatex without mkiv there?) but latex (or plain) it is quite easy:

The followings examples load pplr7t.vf.  Both give the checksum
mismatch message in the log if and only if the lua-fontloader
luaotfload it also loaded:

%LaTeX
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{luaotfload}
\begin{document}
\font\test=pplr7t \test abc
\end{document}

%plain
\input luaotfload.sty
\font\test=pplr7t \test abc
\bye

So the code from luaotfload (which is based on the context
fontloader code) changes a checksum (either in the vf or in the
tfm-information) and so the check in the luatex engines fails.

(Imho it is only a minor problem, vf-fonts are not much used with
luatex).

Afaik nothing is done with a checksum. There is a checksum field in the loaded tfm but I don't think one has to be passed to luatex. Maybe one should be passed when a regular tfm file is used but even then, loading a vf file is independent.

So, it's best to just ignore that message.