Am 16.02.2012 um 16:19 schrieb Jörg Hagmann:

> This discussion was continued privately (my mistake). A summary:
>
> Thanks for the file, Luigi -- getting closer. Two problems left:
>
> 1. I was using Calibre. Maybe I simply don't know how to use that programme.
> Whereas a free epub book downloaded from the net opens as it should, the
> files generated by myself and by you just show the unformatted text. With
> Firefox it works.
>
> 2. In Firefox: My version lacks the images; in fact, the figures showing up
> in the OPS directory after the mtxrun have zero KB. But it is ok for me to
> copy them there manually.

Isn’t the problem with context pub’s the format of the xhtml file, when I
compile this example:

\setupbackend[export=yes,xhtml=yes]

\starttext

\startparagraph
The Earth, as a habitat for animal life, is in old age and
has a fatal illness. Several, in fact. It would be happening
whether humans had ever evolved or not. But our presence is
like the effect of an old|-|age patient who smokes many packs
of cigarettes per day – and we humans are the cigarettes.
\stopparagraph

\stoptext

I get a xhtml file with the following content (I removed the comments):

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>

<document xmlns:m="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"; version="0.30"
language="en" date="Thu Feb 16 20:00:31 2012" file="test" context="2012.02.16
17:54" xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>
  <paragraph>The Earth, as a habitat for animal life, is in old age and has a
fatal illness. Several, in fact. It would be happening whether humans had ever
evolved or not. But our presence is like the effect of an old-age patient who
smokes many packs of cigarettes per day – and we humans are the
cigarettes.</paragraph>
</document>

but the produced epub file doesn’t work on my ereader. After I changed the tags
of the file to this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>

illness. Several, in fact. It would be happening whether humans had ever
evolved or not. But our presence is like the effect of an old-age patient who
smokes many packs of cigarettes per day – and we humans are the cigarettes.</p>

I got now a epub file which renders on my ereader without problems.

Wolfgang