You have generally right ... But I think that you must not take the measure of the devilish speed the development rate of development of ConTEXt :-)

I often I make a text document using the Context and the resulting PDF document I put into Scribus. With Scribus I put graphics, titles etc. For normal use Scribus is a good choice. But you have right - for professional work in the end one needs a professional tool like InDesign or QuarkXpress.

Jaroslav