Hi Wolfgang,
This is exactly what I was looking for. However, it works only in mkii, not in mkiv. Searching though the mailinglist for floatcombinations, I came across this discussion ( http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20100601.084655.c7d6e858.en.html). Taco's solution works just like Hans' code, but again, only in mkii.

Best regards,
Prash