On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 22:41 +0100, luigi scarso wrote:
> > As I said earlier, I get a segmentation fault if I leave it to run, but
> > I always have to kill it before it takes down the entire operating
> > system with it (apparently this is normal). I don't get the TeX capacity
> > exceeded error message, as you saw from my earlier console output.
> Ok, this is not normal and I suspect that it's linux 64bit issue --
> can be bug of luatex then.
> Can anyone confirm that on  linux 64bit the following
> \starttext
>
>     \startitemize[before=\startlinecorrection,after=\stoplinecorrection][]
>     \item foo
>     \stopitemize
> \stoptext
> gives a segmentation fault ?

What's probably happening is eventually the system runs out of memory,
the swap gets depleted as well, and as a last act of desperation, the
kernel finally denies an allocation request to luatex which is pretty
rare. The latter probably then dereferences the null pointer and then it
blows.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred