On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 12:21 +0100, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> You’re right, it can cause confusion to people migrating from
> Latex where package options, afair, allows mixed key-value/list
> syntax (like e.g. Lua does as well). Random example from the
> KOMA-Script manual:
>
>   \documentclass[BCOR=12mm,DIV=calc,twoside]{scrartcl}
>                  ^^^^^^^^^          ^^^^^^^
>                  assignment  …      switch

Thanks Philipp. I'm finding that one of the big weaknesses of ConTeXt is
similar to a common criticism of the first one listed on Git here:

https://steveko.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/10-things-i-hate-about-git/

It requires users to know too much about how ConTeXt actually works
internally (e.g. its information model). Maybe this is necessary. Maybe
it isn't. I'm fairly new to typesetting and never came from a background
of decades of experience with TeX. But it seems to me like any
programming language, and ConTeXt is a kind of one for document
engineering, should have users focusing on creating beautiful books and
not on the language's information and processing model.

Just my two cents.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred