On 18-4-2012 03:41, Kip Warner wrote:
Hey list,

Is there a way to include a set of font files with a ConTeXt document's
source files such that a path to the directory containing the font can
be directly specified in the environment? I was thinking that if it were
possible to do this already, the simplefonts module might have a setup
for this.

The reason why I'd like to consider this is to make it easier on my
users who wish to build my document from source without them having to
manually download a font and figure out how to install it on their given
platform.

It can give problems with the same fonts being on the system several times in several versions

a simple way to install fonts is to drop everything in

texmf-fonts/fonts/data/opentype (or just data, or mayb ewith on elevel more for the vendor)

and do a "mtxrun --generate". This keep things in one spot.