On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:21:36 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 24.04.2012 um 10:56 schrieb Alan BRASLAU:
>
> > 1. way=bypage does not seem to work
> >
> > \setupnote[footnote][way=bypage,numberconversion=set 2]
> > \starttext
> > \input{tufte}\footnote{Note.}
> > \page
> > \input{dawkins}\footnote{Another note.}
> > \stoptext
>
> Counter settings are applied with the \setupnotation command.

So, this is a treasure hunt!

I tried
\setupnotation[footnote][way=bypage,numberconversion=set 2]
and this works, (I just corrected the wiki)

sort-of:
If one manages to get a footnote reference at the bottom of a page,
where there is no room to place the footnote, and there is at least one
footnote reference on the following page, this results in two successive
footnotes having the same reference number (or symbol)!
This is a bug.

What about \startfootnote \stopfootnote and \autoinsertnextspace ?

Alan