Hello,

here comes yet another "I could do this in Word but can't figure it
out how ConTeXt does it" font-related question:

How can I reduces inter-character spacing in a font?
I've found out that the spacing can be temporarily expanded by
\stretched{}, but what's the opposite and how to control it? And I
want to do it all over one product in my project, but on the other
hand I don't need to reset it for any individual words or anything.

(I assume that if the overall inter-character spacing is reduced,
inter-word spacing will follow, but if not, I need to be able to
reduce that, too.)

I guess it isn't easily available because I'm not really supposed to
be cramping the nicely designed fonts, especially not my nice new
shiny Lucida OT - but I'm trying to create something in the style of
past centuries when the style and requirements were different from
today's.
I've decided to use ConTeXt just because it should allow me to produce
both the period-looking-but-illegible and
nicely-typeset-modern-but-actually-usable versions of the same
project. :-)

TIA,

Mari