On 4-5-2012 09:13, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Fri, 4 May 2012, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

I can think of many workarounds to this, but I agree that there is a
valid reason why
\startMPenvironment
(or some other command) should be able to change the font inside
metapost labels only.

A better alternative would to define

\setupMPtext
[
style=...,
color=...,
setups=...,
]

that can be used to set the style for metapost text.

As we already have instances, I've extended that mechanism, so one can say:

\startsetups mp:instance:one
    indeed:\space
\stopsetups

\setupMPinstance
  [metafun]
  [textstyle=bold,
   textcolor=darkgreen,
   setups=mp:instance:one]

\defineMPinstance
  [mympinstance]
  [metafun]
  [textcolor=red]

\starttext

    \startMPcode
        draw textext("some text") ;
    \stopMPcode

    \startMPcode{mympinstance}
        draw textext("some text") ;
    \stopMPcode

\stoptext

> +1
>
> Marco

So .. we know who is going to wikify this ...