On Thu, 10 May 2012, Hans Hagen wrote:

On 10-5-2012 16:59, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2012, Ian Lawrence wrote:

I read on the wiki that now svg is natively supported. Hmm.

No. You need to have inkscape installed (and in your PATH) for svg to
pdf conversion to work.

FWIW, I cannot find the intermediate file
'm_k_i_v_ChangingField_ILUC.pdf' on my disk either…both graphics files
are in the same location, both exist, both are named correctly….

@Hans, could we change the conversion so that it checks for inkscape and
gives a more sensible warning if inkscape is absent?

so what is a robust check ...

How about just implementing the unix which command in lua?

(untested code)

function which(string file)
  local path = os.getenv("PATH")
  local splitter = lpeg.splitat(io.fileseparator)
  local directories = lpeg.match(splitter, path)

  for dir in directories
    if io.exists(file.join(dir,file)) then
      return true
    end