Am 15.05.2012 um 19:28 schrieb Bill Meahan:

> Is there a document anywhere that would be the equivalent of "Typescripts for
> Dummies?" (as if such a book really existed)
>
> I am trying to write some typescripts for the Venturis ADF and Beneris ADF
> families (and a few others) using Wolfgang's typescripts for Fontin et. al.
> as a guide. I can't seem to figure out what, "\s!" or "\typescripttwo" of
> "\typescriptthree" do and the examples I have looked at on the wiki either
> don't contain them or don't explain them .

The \s!… string are a method to save memory in TeX but you don’t have to use
it, just use “serif” instead of “\s!serif”.

With \typescriptone etc. you can access the value in the arguments for
\starttypescripts, e.g. in the following example

  \starttypescript [serif] [venturis]

\typescriptone expands to “serif” and \typescripttwo expands to “venturis”.

> I also don't seem to be able to find a command reference for \starttypescript
> which explains what the various option fields mean or what "predefined"
> values exist for each.

The first argument of \starttypescript can be

  - serif
  - sans
  - mono
  - handwriting
  - calligraphy

and the first argument of \definefontsynonym can be

  – Serif
  - SerifItalic
  - SerifBold
  - SerifSlanted