On 26-5-2012 10:56, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

Am 26.05.2012 um 04:57 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

Hi,

Simple backgrounds are not working with the latest beta. The following has no
background color.

\setupbackground
  [background=color, backgroundcolor=red]
\starttext
\startbackground
  ABC
\stopbackground
\stoptext

Name clash in pack-rul.mkiv.

\startbackgorund uses \currentbackground for the instance of the environment
and \framed uses also \currentbackground when it does process the list of
backgrounds, changing the macro name in pack-rul.mkiv to \m_framed_background
helps.

\unprotect

%\let\currentbackground\empty
\let\m_framed_background\empty

Ha, you beat me in maling ... i just changed that in the same way ... but i was wondering why a public name was used .. can it be that \currentbackground is used in modules or styles (e.g. implementing alternative built in backgrounds as I remember that Aditya has some plugs)? If so then at some point we might need a public name but let's wait till it shows up.