Hello there

Some further testing shows problems with footnotes:

%% start minimal
\setupfootnotes[way=bychapter]

\starttext

\chapter{chap}

hello\footnote{ciao}

\chapter{chap}

hello\footnote{ciao}

\stoptext
%%% stop

The numbering is not by chapter any more.

(from TeXlive pretest)
mtx-context     | current version: 2012.05.25 18:21

also happens with the Minimals
mtx-context     | current version: 2012.05.26 16:40

Further problems are found on a document of mine, which once compiled
with these versions, have the first footnote starting with the number 3.

I'm bisecting and I'll let you know once I've found what it triggers
it (because it's longish and doesn't really help as it is now).

Best wishes.

--
Marco