Willi Egger <cont...@boede.nl> writes:

> Hi Marco,
>
> If I understand correctly what you need is a system which is basically
> based on booklet-printing but each booklet should be restricted to 16
> pages.  In this case you might try
>
> \setuparranging[2*2*4]
>
> This scheme put two pages on the front and two pages on the backside
> of a sheet of paper. Then it uses 4 sheets to complete the section.
>
> Willi

Hello Willi, thanks for your reply.

No, the scheme is quite complicated (from 1 to 16) because the pages are
first folded, then the two *folded* sheets are inserted one into the
other, and then signature is bound and trimmed.

So the scheme looks so (R means rotated 180°):

 13 R | 4 R
 -----------
 16   |  1

 3 R  | 14 R
 -----------
 2    | 15

 9 R  | 8 R
 12   |  5

 7R   | 10R
 6    |  11

Yes, that's crazy (if you ask me). As I said, I'll go with the layers
and a perl helper, the outcome looks almost fine.

Best wishes

--
Marco