Am 22.06.2012 12:05, schrieb S Barmeier:
On 06/22/2012 06:23 PM, Martin Fechner wrote:
Hey list,

does anybody know an useable font for sanskrit writings another then
sanskrit2003.ttf? It is preferred to have the same range (with ligatures
etc.) as the sanskrit2003.ttf.

Best regards,

Martin

It is hard to imagine that there is only one usable font for the
devanagari script. Have you looked at
http://www.wazu.jp/gallery/Fonts_Devanagari.html for example? Ligatures
are an essential feature of devanagari, so I expect there is no font
which doesn't support ligatures.

I'd be interested to see whether you manage to successfully use
devanagari with context. (I vaguely remember a mailing list posting that
devanagari is not supported...?)

Severin

Thank you for the link. We will have a look at this. Firstly we need the font for a web publication, but maybe a use with context will follow.

Martin