Hey list,

On the cover page of my book I'd like just an image displayed and
another image used as the background for every other page in the book.
So I put this in my environment,

    % Cover image...
    \definelayer
        [CoverImage]
        [x=0mm, y=0mm,
         \paperwidth,
         \paperheight]
    \setupbackgrounds[page][background=CoverImage]

    \setlayer
        [CoverImage]    % name of the layer
        {\externalfigure
            [Makeup/Images/Cover.jpg]
            [align=center,
             \paperwidth,
             \paperheight]}  % the actual contents of the layer

    % Regular background image...
    \definelayer
        [BackgroundImage]
        [x=0mm, y=0mm,
         \paperwidth,
         \paperheight,
         repeat=yes]

    \setlayer
        [BackgroundImage]       % name of the layer
        {\externalfigure
            [Makeup/Images/Background.png]
            [align=center,
             \paperwidth,
             \paperheight]}  % the actual contents of the layer

, the following in the book's first page,

    \setupbackgrounds[page][background=CoverImage]

, and the following on second page,

    \setupbackgrounds[page][background=BackgroundImage]

. But this does not work properly. What ends up happening is the cover
image is displayed correctly, but every page after that just has a blank
white background.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred