Hi Hans,

> On 17-7-2012 20:41, Andreas Mang wrote:
>> mathname="blacktriangle",

>> [0x25B4]={
>>   adobename="blackuppointingsmalltriangle",
>>   category="so",
>>   description="BLACK UP-POINTING SMALL TRIANGLE",
>>   direction="on",
>>   linebreak="al",
>>   unicodeslot=0x25B4,
>>  },
>
> why not 25B2 (the bigger one)
>>
>>  [0x25BE]={
>>   category="so",
>>   description="BLACK DOWN-POINTING SMALL TRIANGLE",
>>   direction="on",
>>   linebreak="al",
>>   unicodeslot=0x25BE,
>>  },
>>
>> with mathname="blacktriangledown" under the assumption you'd like to be
>> consistent with the naming convention of latex.
>
> or 25BC (the bigger one)

To make it short: I think Hans is correct. From my perspective there is an
error in char-def.lua for "blacktriangleleft" and secondly the internet page I
have looked this up is not consistent with what is implemented in ConTeXt, both
facts of which lead me into the wrong direction (see below (P.S.), if you are
interested).

Both,

http://www.unicodemap.org/details/0x25B2/index.html

and

http://www.unicodemap.org/details/0x25BC/index.html

look consistent to "\blacktriangleright" (which I am already using in my
document):

http://www.unicodemap.org/details/0x25B6/index.html

Cheers,
Andreas

P.S.: When I started to look into this I thought it might be possilble to
define some command in the preamble of my document that uses unicode. From
searching the internet I found

http://www-sop.inria.fr/marelle/tralics/doc-b.html

which says "The \blacktriangle command is valid only in math mode. Its
translation is <mo>&blacktriangle;</mo> (Unicode U+25B4, ▴)".

However, there indeed is a problem (which I have not spotted in the first
place). I had a look at char-def.lua which at first confirmed my impression on
using small triangels:

 [0x25B8]={
  category="so",
  description="BLACK RIGHT-POINTING SMALL TRIANGLE",
  direction="on",
  linebreak="al",
  mathclass="bin",
  mathname="blacktriangleleft",
  unicodeslot=0x25B8,
 },

However, this is not consistent with what you can find on the internetpage from
above, since it "0x25B8" should be "blacktriangleright"

"The \blacktriangleright command is valid only in math mode. Its translation is
<mo>&blacktriangleright;</mo> (Unicode U+25B8, ▸)."

Secondly, the \triangleleft, which I have not used before, does not work (at
least for me ConTeXt  ver: 2012.07.10 09:52 MKIV fmt: 2012.7.15 int:
english/english):

simple example:

%%%%%%%%%%%%
\starttext
$\blacktriangleleft$ % does not appear
$\blacktriangleright$ % works
\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%%

For the blacktriangleright we have:

 [0x25B6]={
  adobename="blackrightpointingtriangle",
  category="so",
  cjkwd="a",
  description="BLACK RIGHT-POINTING TRIANGLE",
  direction="on",
  linebreak="ai",
  mathclass="bin",
  mathname="blacktriangleright",
  unicodeslot=0x25B6,
 },

which is _not_ consistent with "The \blacktriangleright command is valid only
in math mode. Its translation is <mo>&blacktriangleright;</mo> (Unicode U+25B8,
▸)."

However, looking at http://www.unicodemap.org/details/0x25B6/index.html and
given the fact that "blacktriangleright" works nicely, I'd assume that Hans is
correct and it indeed is not the small ones but the big tirangles.