On Wed, 1 Aug 2012, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

I'll add a margin key to vim module (but not the oddmargin and evenmargin keys; they would require a complete low-level rewrite of the module).

The dev version on github now includes a margin key, so you can add margin=<dimen> to \setupvimtyping or \definevimtyping. (I haven't tested it too much, hence no new release at the moment).

Note that this works differently from \definetyping. The typing environment honors the leftskip set by its parent environment (for example, if typing is inside startbackground); vimtyping environment resets all the settings of its parent environment.

Aditya