Dear list,

In the book/thesis I am typesetting the many figures (Examples) and the few
tables must be numbered per chapter, (Ex. 1.3, Ex. 4.17 etc) and they should
appear like this in the List of Examples.
Up to around 27 july this worked perfectly, automatically I should say, but
with a newer version of mkiv (25 august) they come out numbered for the book as
a whole and without chapter numbers. I have not changed the setups, and I can
reproduce the correct result with an older version of mkiv (may) with a
slightly adapted environment file. Unfortunately I do need some recent features
of mkiv.
The setups for the floats are:

\definefloat[Example][examples]
\setupfloat[Example][spacebefore=medium,spaceafter=medium,sidespacebefore=medium,sidespaceafter=medium]
\setupcaption[Example][location=top,number=yes,inbetween=\blank,bodyfont=10pt]
\setuplabeltext[en][Example=Ex.~]

\definefloat[table][tables]
\setupfloat[table][spacebefore=medium,spaceafter=medium,sidespacebefore=medium,sidespaceafter=medium]
\setupcaption[table][location=top,number=yes,inbetween=\blank,bodyfont=10pt]\setuplabeltext[en][table=Table~]

I tried  [way=bychapter] as an argument for the captions but that did not
change anything'

What can I do to give me back the numbering of the floats per chapter? Or, if
it is a bug in the recent Minimals, can the numbering per chapter be restored
somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Robert