2012/8/29 Rostislav Wolný <rostislav.wo...@twobits.cz>:
> I'm just wondering if it is possible to create PDF document which contains
> image (link to image) which is downloaded from the Internet and displayed at
> the moment when PDF is opened?

No.

You can use External Objects (PDF Ref 8.8),
but that can only point to local files, not URLs.
And you would need a viewer that handled External Objects.

Or you could use the Open Prepress Interface (PDF Ref 14.11.7),
but that can only point to local files, not URLs.

And you would need a viewer that handled OPI.

Maybe with embedded flash. :-{

Best
   Martin