Hello, list!

I am really new to ConTeXt. I am writing a book
http://topologia-geral.ourproject.org/
It is written in LaTeX and I intend to migrate it to ConTeXt.

I want to migrate and I want to be as far from HACKS as I can. So I
want to know the recommended way to do things. One of my first
difficulties comes from the "search path" used by texexec. It seems to
me that the path searched for components, products and environments
depends on the path were the script was called from. That is, it
depends on the "current working directory".

My question (honestly) is:
- Why would I want this behavior?

When I write a project, product, component or environment file, why
would I want the references I made to be dependent on the directory
where the script was called? Shouldn't things be like the
#include "relative_path.h"
used in the C language, for example? That is, shouldn't those paths be
relative to the script that refers to them?

Am I missing something?

André Caldas.