Am 17.12.2012 um 21:29 schrieb ha...@wpb.cz:

> Hello,
>
> I need to format my chapters in the following way:
>
>   - The chapters are centered (midaligned).
>
>   - Some chapters are long, so they have to be multilined.
>
>   - The chapter title should be in capital letters, but in the header should
> it be without capitalisation.
>
>   - When the chapter title is multilined, only the first line should appear
> in the header, followed by "...",
>     the same in TOC
>
>   - When the chapter title is multilined, I want to choose the point of line
> break with "\\"
>

> So something like this:
>
>  \chapter{FIRST CHAPTER TITLE}  (in the header and TOC will be "First chapter
> title")
>
>  \chapter{SECOND CHAPTER TITLE \\ WHICH IS VERY VERY VERY LONG} (in the
> header and TOC will be "Second chapter title...")
>

> I tried the following setup for the chapter:
>
> \setuphead
>  [chapter]
>  [after={\blank[2*line,fixed]},
>   header=empty,
>   textcommand=\midaligned,
>   style={\chapterfont\WORD},
>   sectionset=none,
>   indentnext=no
>  ]
>

> But when I try to process the file, I will get the following error:
>
>    structure       > sectioning > chapter @ level 2 : 0.1 -> Second chapter
> title \\ which is very very very looong
>    ! Missing } inserted.
>
>    system          > tex > error on line 1 in file test.tex: Missing  ...
>
>     1 >>  \environment test_environment
>     2
>     3     \startcomponent test19
>     4
>     5     \product test
>     6
>     7
>     8     \chapter{Second chapter title \\ which is very very very looong}
>     9
>
>    <inserted text>
>                    }
>    <to be read again>
>                       \endgroup
>    \\->\endgroup
>                  \par \doalignline {\hss }{\hss }\begingroup
>    l.1 Second chapter title \\
>                                which is very very very looong
>    \ctxcommand ...\directlua \zerocount {commands.#1}
>
>    \getheadtitle ...lecommand \relax \structuretitle
>                                                      \else \normalexpanded
> {\no...
>    l.10 ...r title \\ which is very very very looong}
>

> If I don't try to enforce line break in the title with "\\", the file is
> processed without problem,
> but also without making anyline break at all -- the whole long chapter title
> is one very long line.
>
> If I don't use "textcommand=\midaligned", I am able to make multiline chapter
> with my own line break,
> but the title is left-aligned...
>
> Could anybody tell me, how to make properly the chapter setup according to
> above described rules?

You can use the “list” and “marking” keys to set separate entries for the
header and TOC.

\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [after={\blank[fixed,2*line]},
   header=empty,
   align=middle,
   style={\setcharactercasing[WORD]}]

\setupheadertexts[chapter]

\starttext

\completecontent

\startchapter[title={First chapter title}]
\dorecurse{10}{\input knuth\par}
\stopchapter

\startchapter[title={Second chapter title\\which is very long},list={Second
chapter title …},marking={Second chapter title …}]
\dorecurse{10}{\input zapf\par}
\stopchapter

\stoptext

Wolfgang