On 12/19/2012 9:38 PM, Guy Stalnaker wrote:
I'm willing to give you an image, but it cannot be the images. I have
edited the file and put systematically % before the /externalfigure
lines then run context against the file. As I added the % the nil error
shifted to the next /externalfigure. I stopped this after five times. I
have confirmed, by the way, file/directory ownership with chown and
privileges with chmod. They are set as they should be, so whatever is
awry is not owner/privilege related.

Another reason it cannot be the images is that I used context with the
same document and the same images to successfully create a document.
They were unchanged, to my knowledge, the next day when context started
throwing the error. While it's conceivable that some agent might have
modified the documents and/or my office Linux install overnight without
my knowledge, that must be considered a very remote possibility.

That said, I'm hard-pressed to figure out what can possibly have
changed, overnight, such that context would suddenly begin throwing the
errors. That is why I unlinked/relinked Dropbox. They could change
something on their end. But that had no affect on the error. Nor did
moving all the images that are in the document from multiple directories
into one directory.

There has been some cleanup of filename constructors but nor that drastic. Maybe some are (temporary) More sensitive so nil arguments but that is then an indication of some issue earlier in the chain. The comment and next one being a problem is weird.