Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you for the explanation, and your sample works nicely.

I  enclosed \processMPbuffer using \startframe and \stopframe as following.
Then  I got a 'undefined control sequence' error.
If I use '\framed[]' instead of '\startframe … \stopframe', then it gave all 7
circles of different radius in two pages without error.
If I add "\startanimation … \stopanimation", the only change is the appearance
of menu at the bottom of the last circle.(no animation)

What is wrong in the code?

Best regards,

Dalyoung

Happy New Year to all listers!!!

%%%%%%%%%%%%
\startbuffer[circles]
        path p;
        numeric n, u;
        u := 1cm;
        n:=\recurselevel*u;
        p := fullcircle scaled n;
        draw p;
        \stopbuffer

\usemodule[animation]
\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext
        %\startanimation[menu=yes]
        \dorecurse{7}{
        \startframe
        %       \framed[]%{\processMPbuffer[circles]}}
        \processMPbuffer[circles]
        \stopframe
        }
        %\stopanimation
\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

! Undefined control sequence.
system > tex > error on line 23 in file test-ani.tex: Undefined control
sequence ...
13 \setupinteraction[state=start]
14
15 \starttext
16
17 %\startanimation[menu=yes]
18 \dorecurse{7}{
19 \startframe
20 %    \framed[]%{\processMPbuffer[circles]}}
21 \processMPbuffer[circles]
22 \stopframe
23 >> }
24 %\stopanimation
25
26 \stoptext
27
\12>>1 #1#2-> \startframe
\processMPbuffer [circles] \stopframe
\syst_helpers_recurse_indeed_yes ...curse_content
\syst_helpers_recurse_indeed
<to be read again>
{
<inserted text>
2
\syst_helpers_recurse_indeed ...the \innerrecurse
}{#2}
l.23 }