Am 08.02.2013 um 07:31 schrieb Devendra Ghate <devendra.gh...@gmail.com>:

Hello everyone,

I have defined a macro for the chapter layouts -- nothing fancy, but still it
is giving me trouble.
Essentially, I call this macro using *command=* in *\setuphead*. My philosophy
was to add
all the details in the macro, so that I don't have to call anyother keyvalue
pairs in *\setuphead*.
However, the macro gives two different results when called for typesetting a
chapter heading
by ConTeXt internals and explicitly by me in the document (see attached file).

I don't know why the chapter number font style is not obeyed. If I add
*numberstyle=dfont* in
*\setuphead*, then the font size is increased but the frame size has spurious
space at top and
bottom.

When I call the macro myself, there is a single whitespace before the chapter
heading (as can be
seen in the attached file).

I have gone through the wiki as much as possible and I think that I could have
easily copied
*much better* heading styles from it. But I do not want to use code that I
don't fully
understand.

Any suggestions/help will be most appreciated.
\definefont [ChaperNumberStyle][Serif at 60pt]
\definecolor[ChaperNumberColor][x=d8dcd6]

\startsetups[head:devendra]

   \startlinealignment[left]

     \startframed
       [frame=on,
        rulethickness=3pt,
        framecolor=ChaperNumberColor,
        foregroundcolor=ChaperNumberColor,
        corner=00]
       \hspace[big]\headnumbercontent
     \stopframed

     \hspace[big]

     \startframed
       [width=.1\textwidth,
        strut=no,
        frame=on,
        align={flushleft,nothyphenated,verytolerant}]
       \headtextcontent
     \stopframed

   \stoplinealignment

\stopsetups

\defineheadalternative[devendra][renderingsetup=head:devendra]

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [alternative=devendra,
    numberstyle=ChaperNumberStyle,
    textstyle={\tfc\kap\kerncharacters[.5]}]

\starttext
\chapter{Introduction to thesis}
\stoptext

Wolfgang
_____

Thank you Wolfgang. I guess this is the proper ConTeXt way.

Presumably I will have to define a plain set up for unnumbered chapters like bibliographies
and call *\setuphead[chapter][alternative=plain]* for these chapters.

Devendra