On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, Malte Stien wrote:

Hello,

This is a bit old now, but I would like to come back to it. First of all,
Marco, thank you for your response. I did try it and it does work. However, I
seem to be loosing other things like adjusting the table width; things that
\placetable provides.

\placetable also has the advantage that I don't have to wrap it around my
tables, it just appears at the beginning, not the end. A couple of points:

\placetable and \startplacetable are equivalent. To be able to split floats, you need to specify the **split** option:

\starttext
\placetable[split,here][tab:ref]{Sometable}
  {\starttabulate[|w(.30\textwidth)p|w(.70\textwidth)p|]
    \HL
    \NC {\bf Animal} \NC {\bf Comment}  \NC\FR
    \HL
    \dorecurse{50}
    {\NC Cat     \NC Pretty cool         \NC\MR}
    \NC Bear    \NC Kind of lazy        \NC\MR
    \NC Sheep   \NC Always hungry       \NC\MR
    \HL
  \stoptabulate}
\stoptext

Aditya