On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 05:07:02 -0600, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

    \start
        fijn fietsen 123
        \type{[+os]}\addfeature{f:oldstyle}
        fijn fietsen 123
        \type{[+sc]}\addfeature{f:smallcaps}
        fijn fietsen 123
        \type{[=os]}\replacefeature{f:oldstyle}
        fijn fietsen 123
        \type{[=sc]}\replacefeature{f:smallcaps}
        fijn fietsen 123
    \stop

So I hope I have this right:

\addfeature adds a set of features {<feature1>,<feature2>,...<featureN>} to the currently defined/enabled stack of OT features

\subtractfeature subtracts a set of features from the currently defined/enabled stack

These two seem clear enough. I'm not so clear on the next one:

\replacefeature replaces all the _added_ features (not the default ones defined, e.g., in the typescripts I presume) with only those in the argument of \replacefeature. Is that right?

\resetfeature pops all features added to the stack (again, I'm assuming this does not include the default ones defined, e.g., in the typescripts).

Question: Does/Will this mechanism completely replace \addff et al, or will these mechanism ignore each other (e.g., \resetfeature does not pop those defined by \addff).

Best wishes
Idris
--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid