On 3/17/2013 10:38 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Sun, 17 Mar 2013, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

Am 17.03.2013 um 13:00 schrieb Willi Egger <cont...@boede.nl>:

Dear all,

I should prepare a form with a table. The table rows should be numbered.

How can I get get this done by using \recurselevel.
In the attached minimal example all rows are numbered with 0.

\starttext
\subject{bTABLE--eTABLE: recurse creates rows}
\bTABLE
    \dorecurse{3}
        {\bTR
            \bTD \recurselevel \eTD
        \eTR}
\eTABLE

What do i do wrongly here?

You’re doing nothing wrong but you have to expand the value of the
counter.

One feature of natural tables is the calculated width of the cells, to
do this context stores
the content of all cells in a token register, i.e. context stores
\recurselevel as content
of the cell and not the value of the iteration. This content is
processed after all cells
have been stored and the \recurselevel macro uses at this moment its
default value 0.

To expand the value of the counter use \expanded{…} to force a expansion.

\bTABLE
 \dorecurse{3}{\bTR\bTD\recurselevel\eTD\eTR}
\eTABLE

There was a long discussion on this a couple of years back. Summarized
here:

http://randomdeterminism.wordpress.com/2009/03/05/tex-programming-the-past-the-present-and-the-future/

or

\startluacode