Hi Tobias,

> When I try to use \setupenumerations in the latest beta
> (2013.03.22 12:06) for multiple enumerations, the
> alternative=... is ignored for all but the first enumeration.

It's not just the enumeration; e.g. the color key, too is applied to
only to the first enumeration class named.

I haven't seen the idiom
    \setupenumerations[a,b][...]
before; I have always used
    \setupenumerations[a][...]
    \setupenumerations[b][...]
which works fine. Does the manual you were using mention anywhere that
the [a,b] idiom should work? If it doesn't, perhaps you simply made a
misassumption; if it does, someone more knowledgeable should tell us
whether it is the manual or the code that is wrong. Thanks anyhow for
bringing this up on the mailing list, of course. And have fun learning
ConTeXt!

Cheers,
Sietse

(Slightly changed MWE below, which shows the behaviour of serried)

\defineenumeration[a] [text=a]
\defineenumeration [b] [text=b]

% This only sets up a
\setupenumerations [a,b][alternative=serried, color=red]

% This sets up both a and b
% \setupenumerations [a][alternative=serried, color=red]
% \setupenumerations [b][alternative=serried, color=red]

\starttext
\starta
    \input ward
\stopa