On 4/12/2013 12:59 PM, WolfgangZ wrote:
Am 12.04.2013 10:29, schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:

Am 12.04.2013 um 08:10 schrieb WolfgangZ <wol...@gmx.net>:

Hello,
I get wrong list entries when using my register entries inside
separate lists. Example case included, even if it is a bit longer.
For explanation, I have two lists, the correct index is in section
1.2 in the attached example and printed on page 3 (see test.pdf). The
one that causes trouble is set in section 1.3 (green table) and
printed on page 5. There the index links to page 4 instead of page 1,
on which the entry is placed.

The example gets more strange, as the wrong index entries only occurs
if there is no regular text below the table in section 1.3. For
testing you can uncomment line 70 in file test.tex.

Put the text before the index entry in your definition in \Listwrong
the output is correct:

   \define[1]\Listwrong{#1\Wrongliste{#1}}

Wolfgang

Great, this solves the problem! Is it possible to explain the reason for
the behavior of context to the order of the text entry and the command?

in order to track locations we need to inject a so called whatsit which is an invivible but definitely present entity an din order to make this work:

test

\index{xxx}

test

\index will bind to the next paragraph when it's a loner

otherwise we would get

test
<whitespace or at least valid breakpoint>
\index{xxx}
<whitespace or at least valid breakpoint>
test

which could show up as an unwanted extra whitespace and/or page break with dislocated index entry

this kind of behaviour has always been part of context, as we want to be able to do

\chapter{...}

some text ...