Am 22.04.2013 um 23:28 schrieb Jan Heinen <jahei...@gmx.de>:

> Thank you all!!!!!!
>
> My book from last year (15.000 lines text + context-code and 1.500 lines
> macro-code  now was compiled without no further problems!
>
> I only had to change all
> \define\variable ...

> \defineexpandable\variable ...
>

> I think, now I understand a little bit more about ConTeXt and try again to
> give a little bit back to the community.
> I have started a new article on the context-wiki:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Calculating_with_dimension_units
>
> Hopefully the more sophisticated ConTeXter help a little bit to improve the
> article. Please have a look what is wrong and what I have forgotten (or don't
> know).

The Lua version can be removed because the line

  \defineexpandable\ColumnABii   {\ctxlua{context([==[\ColumnA + \ColumnB]==])}}

is only a complicated form to write

  \defineexpandable\ColumnABii   {30mm + 40mm}

What does happen is that context replaces \ColumnA with 30mm and \ColumnB with
40mm but nothing is calculate because the argument is a simple text string.

Wolfgang