On 04/26/2013 10:05 PM, Keith J. Schultz wrote:
I never said that they do not have ligatures. I never said XeLaTeX does not have
the ability to use them I have read the fontspec manual!

You wrote:

On the other side, I believe,  ligatures of off by default in LaTeX

which is wrong. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

What I do not understand is why you rant to me about Words inabilities! I never
mentioned
before you did!!

Then read my message again. It is not a "rant." It points out that Word is the reason why some people consider ligatures unusual.

It is a shame that when one states an opinion that others dislike or do not
agree with one
is pushed into a corner which had absolutely nothing to do with one post.

You were the one who has been using ConTeXt for a couple of days and declares

First I think it better if ligatures should be off as a default.

As a rule, it is considered good style to gain some knowledge before you give such general advice.

For me this discussion has gone far enough.

Quite so. The words "I was wrong" seem to be a bit difficult for some people.

Thomas